1. D and I are up north without kiddos this weekend! We have generous friends who have let us borrow their vacation home and we are relaxing. D is out golfing and I’m sitting in our friends’ lovely home, drinking coffee (decaf!), and watching Project Runway.
2. Even though we are not doing a ton of sight-seeing while we are up north this time, we keep thinking of all the things we want to do with the kids next summer (and in future summers to come). You hear a lot of negativity about Michigan (specifically, Detroit) in the news but Michigan is a beautiful place! The Sleeping Bear Dunes were just named America’s Most Beautiful Place by Good Morning America.
3. Our dear friends happen to be up north as well this week so we met up for dinner last night in Charlevoix. After dinner, I discovered a new favorite ice cream flavor: Charlevoix Mud (vanilla ice cream swirled with caramel and dark chocolate flecks).
4. I love to shop (and sell) on Craigslist and this week I found my best find yet: an UPPAbaby Vista stroller. When we found out we were pregnant, my mom bought me Baby Bargains and this is the best rated stroller according to them. But the price tag is very, very high! I didn’t even consider it as an option but then saw one listed on Craigslist for a fraction of the new price and with multiple accessories included. We picked it up before we headed up north. The woman who sold it to be had taken such good care of it so it looks brand new. I’m so excited about it and, at the same time, so aware of how un-cool that makes me.
5. I saw The Help last week and was pleasantly surprised. I loved the book so much and thought the trailers for the movie looked so silly. But I was still curious and I’m glad I went to see it. Besides Viola Davis, who played Aibileen, my favorite character was Celia Foote (played by Jessica Chastain). She was so genuine and imperfect.
6. DIB & AIB went maternity clothes shopping with me on Wednesday. What a couple of troopers! There is no way that can be fun for them and I made sure to reward them with Auntie Anne’s Pretzels and time in the play-place at the mall. AIB got a big kick out of wearing the fake bump they have in the changing room in the maternity clothes store. He almost left with it on.
7. D is back from golf and we are off to eat somewhere in the cute little downtown nearby. I’m so thankful for quality time with my favorite person.