1. Mad Men: Season Four came out on DVD on Tuesday. D and I watched the first episode last night and the most exciting thing for me is the new Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce offices. The furniture and fixtures are amazing. When I see something I like, I just have to name it out loud so while watching, I was just randomly saying, “Couch. Table. Chair.” It is probably annoying.
3. I went a little nuts at the Benjamin Moore store on Wednesday with paint swatches and then randomly bought three paint samples: November Rain (way too cool), Nantucket Gray (too dark) and Guilford Green (way too green). The first swatch up there is one I thought I had already decided on, Coastal Fog.
4. I talked to Heather, calmed down a bit and bought two larger paint samples at Home Depot today (who happily matched the Benjamin Moore colors for me) in Coastal Fog (my original choice) and Sweet Spring (a slightly more green choice).
5. I asked what type of primer I should get to paint over red and the worker at Home Depot recommended Kilz Gold so we picked up a gallon of that as well. She made a comment about the former owners painting the walls red and I said, “Oh, no that was me.” I can’t wait to say good-bye to Roasted Pepper (Behr).
There is no turning back now.
7. Today was a rare Saturday without a lot of plans. We ran errands and I was able to get this shot of my three favorite people in the world. I so wish I was able to show you their cute faces.