Today is K’s birthday. She is turning 26. However, she is not particularly excited to be 26. I don’t really understand it, but she said something about being in her “late twenties” now and how that makes her feel old. Also, I guess she’s not a huge fan of sixes.
K has stated numerous times to me that she is no longer cool anymore. We’ve been to one concert in the past two years. We sit at home with our dog and pretend to talk like him. K can’t stay up past 10:30, even if we have guests (sorry Brad and Meredith). She doesn’t listen to music anymore, just NPR and books on tape. The highlight of the week is watching LOST and The Office. This is just a short list of the many things that makes K think she’s not cool anymore (Wait, I guess that means I’m not cool as well).
As K stated in my birthday post, we have known each other since we were 13. So we now officially have known each other for half of our lives. And while she might not meet her standards of “cool” anymore, I enjoy every minute we spend together (outside of when she’s watching Grey’s Anatomy).
- K enjoys her own jokes immensely. She thinks her jokes are great and can’t help but laugh at them.
- K will always make sure a car door or cabinet is shut. When she is closing something, you will hear it loud and clear.
- When watching TV or listening to something, K sometimes subconsciously makes the weirdest faces. It’s like she’s enjoying something so much she can’t help herself.
- Along the same lines, if I’m telling a story we both already know to someone else, I can guarantee that K will be mouthing the words along with me, just to make sure I’m getting it correct.
- K absolutely adores our nieces and nephews. She will do anything for them. Also, she will buy almost anything for them.
- Ka spoils are dog Piper to no end. He is a high maintenance dog because of her.
- K, while having to listen to her husband talk all the time, is never hard to have a conversation with. Part of that is probably because I could talk to a tree. But the other part is that she is very intelligent and has lots of thoughts on many things. Our conversations are always enjoyable because…
- K is a very passionate person. She has a strong heart to help those in need, specifically children.
Most importantly, K is passionate about God. That’s what drives her to help those in need. She doesn’t want her life to be all about herself or her comfort. That’s the greatest thing I could ever ask for. I get to see someone every day who has passion and work ethic for God’s heart.
So K is into her late twenties. That is true. Being young provides a future unknown and a willingness to go and do whatever you want. K and I have no clue what God has planned for us in our future. But I know that I have a wife who will be willing to do whatever God has called us to with passion, no matter how challenging it may be. So maybe she’s still young and cool after all.