I saw these on Pinterest and they were two pretty to pass up. I decided to try them while the little one slept today and I had to use what I had on hand to make them gluten-free. Here is what I did…
3.5 oz fresh spinach
2.5 oz feta (crumbled)
3.5 oz. sharp cheddar (shredded)
2 roma tomatoes
.75 cup Gluten-Free Bisquick
1.25 cups Trader Joe’s Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp. sea salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
.25 cup olive oil
1 cup 2% milk
1 tsp. Herbs de Provence
A few shakes of black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Chop up the spinach a bit. Put it in the blender along with eggs, olive oil and milk. Blend to the point where the spinach is in small bits.
3. In my mixer, I combined the GF Bisquick, GF All-Purpose Flour, seal salt, baking powder, eggs, Herbs de Provence, pepper and shredded sharp cheddar.
4. Pour in spinach/egg/milk/oil mixture and combine well. Fold in feta.
5. Spray muffin pan with olive oil spray. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, I filled each muffin pan spot.
6. Slice two roma tomatoes in 12 slices and put on dop of each muffin.
7. Bake for 25 minutes. Yields 12 muffins.