We are back from our lake-house vacation in Tennessee. I couldn’t stop singing the Arrested Development song the whole time we were there.
We had a great time on our first trip as a family. The twelve-hour car trip was a little rough on a certain four-year-old. We knew we were in trouble when we were only one hour into the trip when he said, “Why is this taking so long?” The trip back was a little worse when he decided to only take a 30 minute nap and talk literally the rest of the drive home.
I don’t know why Chik-Fil-A has not made their way to Michigan yet but it is probably a good thing in my case. Pregnancy has given me a strong distaste for chicken but has only increased my life-long love of waffle fries. We hit up our first Chik-Fil-A in Ohio and then visited a few times while in Tennessee and one of the way back in Kentucky. I’m hoping my midwife is not reading this because I’m pretty sure large quantities of waffle fries are not on the “to eat” list for pregnancy.
The boys had the time of their life. Besides have 24-7 attention from us and their grandparents we also had cousins, aunts, and uncles there as well. The highlights for them included:
- Swimming in the lake and basically living in a swim suit
- Swimming in the “little pool” (A.K.A. the hot tub with the temperature turned way down)
- Driving a boat (with proper adult assistance, of course)
- Tubing (AIB only lasted about a minute; DIB enjoyed a good 10 minute slow ride)
- Riding a pony – particularly exciting for DIB who has been asking to do this for months
- Putt-putt golf with Grandma and Grandpa
- Sparklers, Pop-Its and fireworks