Explanation of the title…
This blog used to just be called Proverbs 30:8. It is one of our favorite verses and something we try to remind ourselves of regularly. It says:
Remove far from me falsehood and lying; give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with the food that is needful for me.
After growing to a family of five in 14 months, I changed it to A Really Long Year, stolen from a song I love. Go listen to it. It might make you cry (or, maybe, it is just me).
If you go way back in the blog, the posts are very random. Then you’ll find out that we decided to become foster parents and hear all about that process. In 2010, we started having kids join our family. Three of them reunified with their birth families. In late 2010, two little boys came and we had the opportunity to be mom and dad to them forever. They were adopted in 2011. In 2012 and 2014, we added two daughters to our family by birth. We are no longer a licensed foster home but adoption and foster care are still very close to our hearts. My house usually looks like this…
We use initials only on the blog to keep some level of privacy. In case you are wondering who is who, here is a little cast list:
- D: Husband, daddy, youth pastor
- K: Wife, mommy, non-profit worker
- DIB: Our oldest son, came to us through foster care, now 9
- AIB: Our youngest son, came to us through foster care, now 8
- M: Foster daughter who was with us for over six months in 2010
- T: Foster son & M’s baby brother
- C: Quick but adorable respite placement in 2010
- S: Our first foster kiddo, with us for five weeks in early 2010
- MNB: Born 1/2012
- JLB: Born 12/2014