We had some friends over this weekend and I made a recipe that a coworker had given to me. It is pretty similar to the cookies I make but these bars have a really great texture. Here is the recipe:
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter
2 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
4 cups oats
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar and butter.
3. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
4. Stir in baking soda and salt.
5. Add oatmeal.
6. Bake in greased 9 X 12 pan for 30-35 minutes.
D is gone a lot during dinner time. Although I miss him and would rather have him home, it provides the perfect opportunity for me to make food that may not be something he would eat.
Sweet Potato Fries have become are regular creation. After my friend Heather made them once, I decided I needed to figure them out for myself. Here is my recipe for Sweet Potato Fries:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Clean sweet potatoes with vegetable brush but leave on the skin.
3. Cut potatoes into “fry size” slices (like the size & thickness of a carrot stick).
4. Toss potatoes in olive oil, coarse salt, and pepper.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes. When done baking, turn on broiler for 2-3 minutes. Turn the fries over and broil for another 2-3 minutes. Be careful – make sure they do not burn.
6. Serve hot with Cajun Ranch (Cajun season + ranch dressing) or Honey & Cinnamon.