1. I wanted to say something about Dr. Laura last week. I used to listen to her show. The more I listened to her, the more I disagreed and the angrier I got. After hearing the conversation with the caller that caused all the controversy last week, I’m really glad I stopped listening to her a long time ago. Anyway, this kid really says it all:
2. Maybe you like Dr. Laura but you don’t like what she said. Does this discredit her authority to you? She has written a lot of books that many people like. Last year, I had interaction with a well-known pastor that caused me to stop listening to his sermons and reading his books. I’m guessing I agree with him on the about 90% of things but this one thing really irked me. Maybe I’m too hard on people. I would hope people would grant me more grace than I’ve extended. Sometimes I’m really stingy and selective about forgiveness and mercy. Anyone else have this problem? It is probably time for me to reconsider my take on this guy.
3. We are working on a wall in our room to put pictures of all the kiddos that come into our lives through foster care. We are planning to do this on the wall opposite of our bed. It will have three picture ledges and I thought it would be nice to incorporate some verses. Thankfully, I have an incredibly talented friend who was able to work this out for us. Check out Heather’s new Etsy shop, pipe | up, for all your creativity needs.
4. We are working on a third verse for this project. D says it has to be something from the New Testament. Any suggestions?
5. D sent me this gem from Desiring God today. And I also really excited that I finally figured out how to post videos on the blog.
6. I stumbled on Joel Dewberry’s Modern Meadow line this week and think I’ve finally settled on some fabrics for bedding for the crib. Right now, the crib is in the blue room but it may move back to the yellow room at some point. I’m planning a double-sided crib skirt that can be rotated based on which room it is in at the time. Here are my favorites from the line:
7. I’m ready for the fall. I love jackets and sweaters and scarves. I bought a classic wardrobe staple with my Gap Groupon: a new jean jacket. Gap has their models wearing these jackets with jeans, which I find awkward. I’ve opted to wear it with a dress or khakis. Anyone else find anything fun with their Gap Groupon? There was not much that interested when I was in the store this week. The style there seems to have changed quite a bit.
*Hosted at Conversion Diary