I got “tagged” on Facebook and I thought I would go ahead and post this here as well.
1. You can tell me it is stupid, but I am not happy about turning 26 next month. For some reason, I really just want to go back to 23.
2. I am passionate about adoption and foster care. I am also passionate about giving women (& men) the tools they need to choose life for their child and to be good parents. Overall, I am passionate about redemption.
3. I love listening to well told stories (for example, This American Life & The Moth podcasts).
4. I work for a non-profit ministry with some of the most wonderful women I have ever known.
5. As long as I can remember, I’ve been a bit obsessed with celebrities. I’m breaking myself of this habit.
6. I was not interested in going to Israel but went because my husband really wanted to go. I am so glad I went and would love to go back someday.
7. I hope the next major trip we take is to Africa.
8. I would be lost without my iGoogle home page.
9. My official degree from MSU is a BA in “Interdisciplinary Studies in Social Science – Community Relations & Public Policy and Public Administration.” It was a double major and I had to write it down for my parents because they could not remember it.
10. Working at a bakery with some friends was the only enjoyable thing about my high school years.
11. I love movies and love that the Oscars generally take place the Sunday closest to my birthday. It has become part of my celebration.
12. I would love to live in Colorado but would miss everyone here too much (including my husband, who has no interest in living there).
13. I love to cook but do not have the time to do so.
14. I have a reoccurring dream that it is the last day of the semester and I have to take an exam for a class I forgot I was enrolled in. It is always terrifyingly realistic.
15. I have recently come to realize that my mother is one of the funniest people on the planet.
16. I could easily spend all my money on the following: Mason, Elliana, Willow and Shay (my nieces & nephews).
17. Three movies I could watch over and over are: Meet Me In St. Louis, Walk the Line and Chocolat.
18. If I cannot do something perfectly, I tend to quit it all together. Another habit I am trying to break.
19. When I was four or five, I got my first dog, Freckles. He did not house train well and my mom took him “to a new home.” I am still kind of upset about this.
20. I met D when I was 13. We did not start dating until we were 20 and living nearly 300 miles apart.
21. Last year, I tried to train for a 5K. Three days into running, I got a stress fracture in my knee. Pathetic.
22. I am hopelessly non-athletic. D tried to teach me to play tennis and it ended in tears.
23. I really love being married to a youth pastor despite all the dodgeball (which I do not play due to #22).
24. I have strange fear of abnormal produce. For example, little peppers growing inside of bell peppers really freak me out.
25. I am pretty much always on time even if I try to be late. I attribute this to my father.